The G2 Leadership Institute is a unique development program for the future leaders of successful advisory firms. Sponsored exclusively by Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions, the program focuses on developing the leadership and business management skills of professionals who are preparing themselves for leadership positions within their firms.
The G2 is built around the concept of teamwork and business simulation. Each participant is assigned to a team of peers who will together run a realistically simulated independent firm. The team will manage the firm and together make decisions on the firm’s future vision, strategy, growth initiatives, human capital and other management decisions. Together, participants will have to tackle critical situations of reinvigorating growth, managing difficult employees, finding the balance of profitability and investing in the firm and most of all finding how to lead their peers.
The G2 Leadership Institute consists of:
• Four in-person meetings over the course of two years
• 16 high-impact online conferences (each count as CPE credits)
• Four business simulation planning assignments
• A team presentation to a simulated “board of directors”
• A Leadership Project – a project within your actual firm that you can champion and help develop
The ideal participant is a successful professional who is accepted by his/her colleagues as a future leader in the firm:
• Owners/Partners in the firm or on a “short-track” to becoming a partner
• In a lead advisor/wealth manager position or similarly leading a team of staff within an area of the firm
• Involved in management decisions, including managing people and making resource decisions
• Sponsored by the firm’s leadership with a mentor within the firm (CEO, Managing Partner, COO, President, etc.) who is willing to support the participant and help them with some of the assignments
• Dedicated to participating in the program for its full duration of two years
The result of the program will be a future leader who knows how to work within a team of partners, who is knowledgeable of business management, who can lead others and convince them to follow and who understands how to contribute to the growth of the firm and manage their personal growth in the future.
The G2 Leadership Institute is taught by leading industry experts:
• The professionals of The Ensemble Practice LLC – the premier business consulting firm for financial advisors
• The Fidelity Practice Management and Consulting Team – dedicated professionals providing advisors access to a wide array of insights, best practices, strategic consulting services and business-oriented tools and programs to help accelerate business growth, maximize productivity and protect their practices
• Tim Kochis – former CEO and Chairman of Aspiriant
• Sam Allred – Founder and CEO of the Upstream Academy – leading training program in the CPA industry
• Susan Dickson – Chief Operating Officer of Private Ocean and adjunct professor at the Barowsky School of Business and Leadership at Dominican University of California.
The program schedule is as follows: click here for a full program schedule
• January 2017: In-person meeting – Business Management and Leadership – in Austin, TX
• September 2017: In-person meeting – Managing and Leading People – Austin, TX
• January/February 2018: In-person meeting – Business Development – Austin, TX
• November 2018: In-person meeting – Final Presentations & Graduation (Program Debrief) Austin, TX
There are monthly team calls focused on topics of leadership and personal effectiveness.
Registration for G2 Class of 2018 is now open: Apply Here
Fidelity Investments is an independent company, unaffiliated with The Ensemble Practice LLC. There is no form of legal partnership, agency, affiliation or similar relationship between The Ensemble Practice LLC and Fidelity Investments, nor is such a relationship created or implied by the information herein. Fidelity Investments has not been involved with the preparation of content supplied The Ensemble Practice LLC or any other third-party company and does not guarantee, or assume any responsibility for, its content.
Fidelity Investments and Pyramid Design logo are registered service marks of FMR LLC.
Fidelity Clearing & Custody Solutions provides clearing, custody, or other brokerage services through National Financial Services LLC or Fidelity Brokerage Services LLC, Members NYSE, SIPC.