The G2 Leadership Institute is a unique development program for the future leaders of successful advisory firms.
The G2 Leadership Institute develops the leadership and business management skills of professionals who are preparing themselves for leadership positions within their advisory firms.
The program is built around the concept of teamwork and business simulation. Each program participant is assigned to a team of peers who together run a realistically simulated independent firm. The team manages the firm and makes decisions on the firm’s future vision, strategy, growth initiatives and human capital investment.
The G2 Leadership Institute consists of the following program components:
- Four in-person meetings over the course of two years
- 18 high-impact WebEx conference calls
- Monthly team calls focused on topics of leadership and personal effectiveness
- Four business simulation planning assignments
- One team presentation to a simulated board of directors
- One leadership project for participants to develop and champion within their actual firms
G2 Class of 2021
Registration for Class 5 will begin July 2019.
Participants who complete the program are well prepared to be future leaders of their firms. They know how to manage their personal growth trajectory while working within a team of partners, have advanced knowledge of business management practices and are capable of leading others and convincing them to follow. Most importantly, they understand how to contribute meaningfully to the growth of the firm.
Ideal program participants are accepted by their colleagues as future leaders and have the following characteristics:
- Owners or partners at their firms, or on the short track to becoming a partner
- In a lead advisor or wealth manager position, or similarly leading a team of staff within an area of the firm
- Involved in management decisions, including managing people and making resource decisions
- Sponsored by the firm leadership, with a mentor within the firm (e.g., CEO, Managing Partner, COO or President) who is willing to support them and help with some of the assignments
- Dedicated to participating in the program for its full duration of two years
The Ensemble Practice Professionals
The Ensemble Practice is a premier business consulting firm for financial advisors.
Former CEO and Chairman of Aspiriant
Founder and CEO of the Upstream Academy
Chief Operating Officer of Private Ocean and adjunct professor at the Barowsky School of Business and Leadership at Dominican University of California