The G2 Leadership Institute is a unique development program for the future leaders of successful advisory firms.
The G2 Leadership Institute develops the leadership and business management skills of professionals who are preparing themselves for leadership positions within their advisory firms.
The program is built around the concept of teamwork and business simulation. Each program participant is assigned to a team of peers who together run a realistically simulated independent firm. The team manages the firm and makes decisions on the firm’s future vision, strategy, growth initiatives and human capital investment.
The G2 Leadership Institute consists of the following program components:
- Four in-person sessions over the course of two years
- 21 high-impact webcasts covering key management and leadership concepts
- Four business simulation planning assignments
- One team presentation to a simulated board of directors
- One leadership project for participants to develop and champion within their actual firms
The G2 Leadership Institute was listed as one of the 20 Best Conferences for Financial Advisors to Attend in 2020 by Nerd's Eye View.
G2 Class of 2023
Registration for Class 7 opens in July 2021.Apply Now
We offer two annual scholarships that cover the full cost of program tuition and accommodation to professionals from groups that are currently underrepresented in the financial advisory industry. By eliminating financial barriers to participation in the two-year development program, the initiative aims to improve diverse representation in industry leadership. We encourage anyone who comes from an underprivileged background to apply. This may include race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender and gender preference as well as socioeconomic circumstance.
Participants who complete the program are well prepared to be future leaders of their firms. They know how to manage their personal growth trajectory while working within a team of partners, have advanced knowledge of business management practices and are capable of leading others and convincing them to follow. Most importantly, they understand how to contribute meaningfully to the growth of the firm.
Ideal program participants are accepted by their colleagues as future leaders and have the following characteristics:
- Owners or partners at their firms, or on the short track to becoming a partner
- In a lead advisor or wealth manager position, or similarly leading a team of staff within an area of the firm
- Involved in management decisions, including managing people and making resource decisions
- Sponsored by the firm leadership, with a mentor within the firm (e.g., CEO, Managing Partner, COO or President) who is willing to support them and help with some of the assignments
- Dedicated to participating in the program for its full duration of two years
The Ensemble Practice Professionals
The Ensemble Practice is a premier business consulting firm for financial advisors.Meet the Team
Former CEO and Chairman of AspiriantRead Tim's Bio
Principal at Private Ocean, Birkman Leadership Coach and adjunct professor at the Barowsky School of Business and Leadership at Dominican University of California